The mission of Custom Support is to provide computer and technology-related support services campus-wide, to the faculty and staff of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
From our offices in the 501 Building, on the southwestern edge of City Campus, Custom Support offers a range of services to meet the needs of both the City Campus and the East Campus of UNL, from a one-time visit to full-time on-site technicians.
Computers, software, networking, and operating systems are our business. We keep up with the latest techniques and technologies, so you don't have to. Custom Support can quickly resolve almost any issue and get you back to your work. When you are in the market for new technology we can recommend the best solutions to meet your needs. We can also recommend training, if you'd like to learn how to fix things next time, or learn how to do more with the hardware and the software you already have.
Custom Support can help you with:
- Operating system installation or upgrades (Windows and Macintosh)
- Microsoft Office Suite installation or upgrades
- Lotus Notes installation or upgrades
- Virus protection and removal
- Network design and integration
- Hardware configuration (file servers, desktops, laptops, or handheld devices)
- Printer or optical scanner setup or troubleshooting
Give us a call today (472-8846), and let us arrange a support program to meet the needs of yourself or your unit.
For free support, remember you can call the Computer Help Center at 472-3970.
Contracting with Custom Support provides an alternative for units that might otherwise have to hire their own full-time technical support person. Support services are provided at two levels:
- One-Time Support, billed at $60 per hour
- Partner Program Support, 1/4 FTE or greater
The Partner Program approach offers many advantages, because Information Services provides the hiring, training, and supervision of these employees and departments pay for only that fraction of the cost of a full-time employee (FTE) that they actually use.