- Step #1 How do I start?
- Step #2 How do I activate my account?
- Step #3 How do I access my account?
Activating your account yourself?Need assistance? Contact the Computer Help Center
- If you are a new employee activating a brand new account, use the following directions-KB #12668. A new email account is issued but no previous email or calendar data is migrated by IS. All future sent mail is sent to this account. Consult with your department IT support for assistance with migrating data to the new account.
- Your computer must meet the system requirements
- Sync your contacts prior to migrating-read more
- Users on Office 365 will not be able to share calendars with Lotus Notes users or schedule meeting room resources that exist in Lotus Notes.
- Any mobile device that support Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) can access email, calendar, and contact information from Office 365. For additional information see the FAQ.
Office 365 is now available on Blackberry. Read more for setup instructions...
*** Consult your local tech support for assistance**
- Login using your MyUNL credentials
- A webpage will display your identity and account information
- You may choose a preferred email address
- An email confirmation will be sent to your Lotus Notes account
- All new email will be forwarded to the new Office 365 account
- You will still have access to your Lotus Notes account
Access to Office 365 is available through Microsoft Outlook, web access, iMAP and available on a number of mobile devices. For questions and training opportunities go to the next tab ?
IMAP access information for any client software or device that supports IMAP:
- The username is your My.UNL username with @unl.edu added to the end, as in firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password is your My.UNL password
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption method: SSL
Outgoing SMTP Settings:
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: TLS
MICROSOFT LYNC SETUP
Microsoft Lync setup
Contact the Computer Help Center